Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Journals of Eleanor Druse

 Here is what I am listening to today: The Journals of Eleanor Druse.





Of course, my version is a tapebook. But they have more versions available, including an audio CD and an Audible book. (And, of course, book versions).

I really like it so far, and I would give it 4-5 stars for sure. It's the book that predated the Kingdom Hospital series. (Think: one of my favorite writers: Stephen King.)

It's spooky and moves along at a just-right pace. I think I got to see maybe 2 episodes of Kingdom Hospital before it was gone. Darn.

More info. from the cover: "ELEANOR DRUSE is a career spiritualist who has devoted her time recently to organizing these journals for publication. She lives outside of Lewiston, Maine."

Right now, Eleanor has just gotten out of the hospital, where she had a strange, out of body experience, plus another one while in the brain scanner. The doctors there almost forced her to get on medication, when she didn't want to.

Her room-mate in the hospital had brain damage from a botched operation. The doctor there has not admitted fault, and anyone who speaks out there is fired. A nurse told Eleanor about  a huge mistake that happened at the hospital (actually, two of them).

There is more, too. There is something going on there that is a continuation of something that happened to Eleanor as a child, when she was at the hospital with a friend that has recently killed herself and left a note for Eleanor. Eleanor seems to have some missing memories that she is going to try to uncover.

I love scary mysteries. Onward to listen to more today.

Betsyanne

My Personal Page and blog 

The Nontrads site and blog

My Squidoo pages

Check out my Pinterest boards 

Join me on my Fan Page on Facebook 

Join me on Twitter at @scholarsgrants, @betsyanne or @nontrads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment - or share your ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...