Saturday, December 21, 2013

From the Garden Spot - - finding heirloom seeds, and shopping at the Farmer's Market, tonight's storm, more.

I do like the new Community Farmer's Market on 31-W. It's the one with the bus out front.









They were packed with shoppers, and had lots of choices of things to buy: meat, baked goods, hothouse tomatoes, English cucumbers, blueberries, onions, biscuits, sandwiches, drinks, other vegetables, salsa, wooden trains, pottery, knitted goods, gifts, soap, ice cream, cakes, cookies, coffee, breads, canned goodies, and a whole lot more.

It was fun. Rickey and I went around about five times. I saw some people I knew and said hi.

Luckily, we had some shopping bags in the back of the car, which were helpful. We are "loaded for bear" here now.

Now to wait for the storm in this area tonight, which is due to hit us about 11 p.m. and continue until in the morning.

Cross your fingers!

FYI, here is the Community Farmer's Market Facebook page.

I really like it that they are doing the Bus project too, to help people get real food in their areas locally. And, looking at their Facebook page just now, there is also going to be a Folk School there. That sounds neat. I will be looking at that for sure.

Betsy

Looking for BG Events? Go here: BG Event Sites.

This is at my other blog: The Moon and the Willow Tree.

(I will be combining my personal blogs soon hopefully!)

And here are more current sites and projects: (besides my books, organizing, and more...)


The <unofficial> Outdoor Journey Project Facebook Page and Website. "Putting the Outing back into Girl Scouting!"


My Personal Page and blog 


The Nontrads site and blog


My Squidoo pages


Check out my Pinterest boards 


Join me on my Fan Page on Facebook 


Join me on Twitter at @scholarsgrants, @betsyanne or @nontrads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment - or share your ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...